THE SECOND POPE COUNTY POOR FARM (1898-1939) was located three miles east of Russellville along what is now Tyler Road. This field-stone building constructed in 1926, replacing one of the original buildings destroyed by fire, is all that remains to show where the poor farm was located. The building at 502 Tyler Road is currently the temporary home of the Russellville Christian Church (Independent). (Photo by Laura L. Shull, Quarterly Co‑Editor.)



CORNERSTONE mounted by the building's front door reads "Erected By County Judge J.W. Danley 1926." The county paid $22 in 1926 to Russellville Marble Works for the cornerstone. (Photo by Laura L. Shull, Quarterly Co‑Editor.)

22        (The End)