"Created in 1883, a farm near this
site housed the county's indigent citizens. Farm residents and
some county convicts worked to grow crops and raise livestock.
Although entire families were once housed at the farm, by the
1930s the residents were mostly elderly. Their barracks-style
house was moved to Weatherford in the 1940s after the farm was
closed. A small cemetery was created here, and contains one
legible marker. Additional grave sites have been marked with
bricks. The earliest documented burial is from 1904, and the
last was in 1937. Texas Sesquicentennial 1836-1986."