From GILES COUNTY History of Franklin, Giles, Lincoln and Moore
Counties, Tennessee, Goodspeed Publishing Company, Nashville, 1886, pp.
by Mrs. Sarah Smith
"In 1865, the County Court part based 130 acres of land in the Eleventh
District. four miles east of Pulaski. for a county poor farm, and erected log
buildings thereon for tile accommodation of paupers. In 1867, frame buildings
took the place of the log house, and these were replaced with a good brick
building in 1884, which cost about $4,000."